What's New at Fanac, Inc.
- April 26, 2018
- Two more issues of Linda Bushyager's Granfalloon. You can now find issues 15 and 18 line, thanks to the scanning of Mark Olson.
- The full set of MagiCon bookmarks, with original illustrations and short short stories is online at http://www.fanac.org/worldcon/MagiCon/w92-pubs.html. Scanning by Joe Siclari. These were an entertaining bit of worldcon bidding, with a heavy emphasis on Florida writers and artists. Full disclosure - I was part of the bid committee.
- April 21, 2018
- Thanks to John Bray, we've added the pubs from the 2018 Eastercon, Follycon. You can find them here: http://www.fanac.org/Other_Cons/Eastercon/f18-pubs.html . Thanks John!
- We have added the latest issue of the Mt. Holz Science Fiction Society's newsletter The MT Void, Vol. 36, No. 42, that was sent to us by Mark and Evelyn Leeper. Thank you both
- April 19, 2018
- More convention materials and fanzines. All scanning to day by Mark Olson. Thanks Mark!
- In the way of fanzines, we have added issue 66 of Bob Tucker's Le Zombie and issue 14 of Linda Bushyager's Granfalloon.
- For worldcon publications, we have added a couple of Noreascon 2 progress reports. Noreascon 2 of course was the 1980 worldcon.
- For other conventions, we have added the program book from ChattaCon 5, the 1980 ChattaCon. We've also added the program preview for Odyssey, the 2010 Eastercon. This last was from John Bray. Thanks guys!
- Dale Speirs sent us PDFs of issues #410 (4.4 MB), #56.1 (5.3 MB), and #56.3 (5.1 MB) of his perzine Opuntia. Thanks Dale.
- April 18, 2018
- George Phillies sent us a PDFs of April 2018's issue of The National Fantasy Fan Federation's The National Fantasy Fan. Thanks George.
- A miscellaneous set of changes today, all thanks to scanning by Mark Olson. First, we've added issue 12 of Linda Bushyager's Granfalloon.
- Second, we have the Pocket Program and PR0 from the 2nd NASFiC, North Americon.
- Lastly, there's a Report From the Chairmen of Baycon, the 1968 Worldcon. Thanks Mark!
- April 15, 2018
- We have updated the Fanac Names Cross Reference. There are currently 26,355 names in these listings.
- April 12, 2018
- More convention pubs thanks to Geri Sullivan. Today we've added the Souvenir Books from Renovation and Noreascon 4. You can find them with the Noreascon and Renovation pubs. Thanks Geri!
- Taral Wayne sent us a PDF (14.5 MB) of his Perzine Rat Sass 8 which we have added to the Rat Sass index. Thanks Taral.
- April 6, 2018
- Joe Siclari has combed through the rest of the 1942 fanzines we can access, and has provided a list of the letters and articles written by the 1942 Retro Fan Writer candidates. It's all up now and you can find it at http://www.fanac.org/fanzines/Retro_Hugos.html. The links to other sites will bring you to the first page of the fanzine. The links to fanac.org hosted fanzines will bring you directly to the article or letter. Thanks Joe!
- Mark Olson has done another mammoth scanning job, this time on the Souvenir Book from the Worldcon he chaired. You can find all 190+ pages of the 1989 Noreascon 3 Souvenir Book at http://fanac.org/fanzines/Noreascon3/Noreascon33pb-00.html. Thanks Mark!
- Theodore Krulik has sent us a few photos from the 2002 I-Con. They are at http://www.fanac.org/Other_Cons/I-Con/i21-p00.html. Thanks, Ted!
- Added the March issue of Leybl Botwinik's CyberCozen. Thanks Leybl!
- April 5, 2018
- Ok guys, the Retro Hugo fan candidates have been named. With the help of Jack Weaver (Fanac.org's Webmaster for the first 20 years}, we are putting a good list of reading materials together for your consideration. Go to http://www.fanac.org/fanzines/Retro_Hugos.html for the list. What's novel here? We're pulling out individual articles and letters written by the Fan Writer nominees and giving you links. We're also giving you links to fanzines on other sites. This is a lot of work, so I sure hope you guys are taking advantage of it.
- Mark Olson has been scanning convention materials. Check out the 145 page Denvention 2 Program Book. Thanks Mark!
- April 1, 2018
- George Phillies sent us a PDFs of John Thiel's Ionisphere. This is the Bulletin of the National Fantasy Fan Federation Fan-Pro Coordinating Activity. Thanks George.
- John Bray has sent us material on Conine, a UK convention held in 1988. Here you'll find a number of publications on the convention. http://fanac.org/Other_Cons/Conine/c88-pubs.html. Thanks John!
- March 29, 2018
- More bounty from SCIFI, thanks to Jerome Scott (Director of Projects for SCIFI in LA)! We've put up another talk from the 1964 worldcon. Fritz Leiber speaks on "Monsters and Monster Lovers". This talk starts lightly but ends up seriously (and gets what sounds like a standing ovation from the crowd). From the Youtube blurb: "In this interesting audio with images, Fritz Leiber speaks eloquently about his favorite literary monsters (from Yog Sothoth to the forest in Peer Gynt), the relationship of science fiction to traditional monsters, why we are drawn to these characters, and on horror in a time of war. The first 10 minutes or so are a loving listing of characters, and the meat of the talk starts after that." https://youtu.be/c1B_EEFq1Bw
- Dale Speirs sent us PDFs of issues #409 (4.0 MB), #55.5 (5.3 MB), and #56 (5.6 MB) of his perzine Opuntia. Thanks Dale.
This site is sponsored by the Florida Association for Nucleation And Conventions (F. A. N. A. C.), Inc. which is sponsored by MagiCon, the 1992 World Science Fiction Convention.
Updated April 26, 2018. If you have a comment or question about these Web pages please send a note to the Fanac Webmaster. Thank you.
Copyright © 2018 by F.A.N.A.C. Inc.